The Melbourne Teaching Certificate (MTC) is a professional development program for University of Melbourne and affiliated staff with teaching-related responsibilities. It is a cohort-based program completed across one semester comprising two face-to-face seminars, a written assignment and a presentation.
This program is suitable for new and experienced academic teaching staff at the University of Melbourne.
This is a semester-long program involving one day intensive forum, one optional consultation session and a half-day final forum.
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the Melbourne Teaching Certificate, participants should:
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical ideas and strategies for enhancing learning and teaching;
- Collaborate with colleagues from diverse academic and teaching backgrounds;
- Critically discuss challenges experienced in their particular teaching contexts;
- Acquire an appreciation of the scholarly underpinnings of learning and teaching practice in higher education;
- Gain insights into the particular teaching environment of the University of Melbourne.
Fees and eligibility
There are no fees to participate in the program. It is provided by the University of Melbourne for its staff with teaching or student support responsibilities.
If you are a graduate researcher, sessional tutor or demonstrator please refer to Melbourne Teaching Certificate for Graduate Researchers (MTC-GR) program page.
Program schedule and registration
The program is offered in semesters 1 and 2. The program must be started and completed in the same semester, and participants must be teaching in the same semester as the program is taken. Participants must attend both days in order to complete the MTC.
DATES OF ATTENDANCE – Semester 2, 2019
|Session||Date & Time||Venue|
|One day forum||Tuesday 16 July, 9:30am - 4:00pm||Room 116 (CLS4), Old Arts|
|Half-day completion forum||Wednesday 6 November, 9:30am - 1:00pm||Room 263 (CLS1), Old Arts|
We are no longer accepting Expressions of Interest for Semester 2!