The University of Melbourne has a national and international reputation for excellence. The University acknowledges and celebrates the work of committed, talented and innovative staff annually through the Melbourne Excellence Awards.
The Melbourne Excellence Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of academic and professional staff in research, teaching, engagement, professional excellence and strategic priorities.
- The Melbourne Research Excellence Awards: outstanding achievements in graduate researcher supervision, team-based research programs and industry-engaged research
- The Melbourne Teaching Excellence Awards: celebrating excellence in contributions to teaching and student learning
- The Melbourne Engagement Excellence Awards: advancing public value contributions and the development and delivery of engaged teaching and research
- Melbourne Professional Excellence Awards: outstanding achievements of professional staff and providing further professional development opportunities for the recipients
- Melbourne Strategic Priorities Excellence Awards: excellence and innovation in priority areas, including outstanding mentoring to University colleagues, career development opportunities, contributions to innovation in education for sustainability, internationalisation of the student experience, enhancing the University's international research profile and social inclusion.
Most awards include a trophy and a grant of $10,000. The Bronwyn Jane Adams Memorial (Professional Excellence Award) and Cornelius Regan Trust Awards (Strategic Priorities Excellence Award) are valued at $5,000 each.
An award ceremony will be held later in the year to acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of this year’s recipients.
Applications for the 2020 University of Melbourne Excellence Awards are now open.
Due to the COVID-19 situation the closing date for applications has been extended until Monday 29 June 2020 at 12pm
For further queries regarding these Awards, please contact :
03 8344 1121
- We also recommend subscribing to our e-newsletter, which will announce open applications and all other upcoming programs and events relevant to University staff.