The University of Melbourne has a national and international reputation for excellence. The University acknowledges and celebrates the work of committed, talented and innovative staff annually through the Melbourne Excellence Awards.
The Melbourne Excellence Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of academic and professional staff in research, teaching, engagement, professional excellence and strategic priorities.
- The Melbourne Research Excellence Awards: outstanding achievements in graduate researcher supervision and industry-engaged research
- The Melbourne Teaching Excellence Awards: celebrating excellence in contributions to teaching and student learning
- The Melbourne Engagement Excellence Awards: advancing public value contributions and the development and delivery of engaged teaching and research
- Melbourne Professional Excellence Awards: outstanding achievements of professional staff and providing further professional development opportunities for the recipients
- Melbourne Strategic Priorities Excellence Awards: excellence and innovation in priority areas, including outstanding mentoring to University colleagues, career development opportunities, contributions to innovation in education for sustainability, internationalisation of the student experience, enhancing the University's international research profile and social inclusion.
Due to the financial impact of COVID-19, all 2021 University of Melbourne Excellence Awards are valued at $5,000 each. All awards will also be recognised with a trophy and celebrated at an awards ceremony held later in the year.
Applications for the 2021 University of Melbourne Excellence Awards are now closed.
The application documents below are for information purposes only and may change for applications in 2022.
For further queries regarding these Awards, please contact :
03 8344 1121
- We also recommend subscribing to our e-newsletter, which will announce open applications and all other upcoming programs and events relevant to University staff.