The Universitas 21 (U21) Fellowship Scheme provides an award to academic staff of the University of Melbourne at levels B and above. The key objective of the fellowship is to advance the strategic educational priorities of the University. The fellowship recognises outstanding teaching performance, provides development opportunities for the recipients and benefits the University through the advancement of its teaching and learning quality.
In 2021 the selection committee allocated $12,500 for one fellowship to enable academic staff to develop their expertise, pass on their learnings, and strengthen links with other U21 institutions.
Fellows are expected to be ambassadors for the University and to foster joint educational projects across the network. Their interaction with colleagues at other institutions is expected to promote ongoing communication and foster long-term relationships with the University of Melbourne from which future Fellows and exchange students will benefit.
Fellows spend up to two months engaged on a project that involves visiting at least three U21 universities and, as appropriate, universities outside the consortium. Fellowships awarded in 2021 are to be taken up by 31 December 2022.
Read more about Universitas 21.
Applicants are encouraged to propose projects that are aligned with areas of strategic importance for the University of Melbourne in advancing the quality of teaching and learning. Projects may involve benchmarking and the sharing of information that leads to new possibilities for the University, the development of collaborative curriculum projects and the creation of resources that might be used across the U21 network. These include:
- Development of joint graduate or undergraduate programs with U21 partners
- Exploration of innovations in assessment and monitoring graduate attributes and
- Exploration of models for work-integrated learning and internships
- Development of curricula and resources to support student equity and diversity
- Development of collaboration for virtual experimentation (exploiting the expertise across the U21 network for virtual experimentation and virtual data sharing for teaching and learning)
- Development of collaborative capstone projects
- Sharing of models of online teaching and learning
- Collaborative research utilising learning analytics to enhance teaching and learning
- Exploration of initiatives to improve graduate employability.
Dr Elisa Bone, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Dr Ligia (Licho) Lopez Lopez, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
No Fellowship awarded in 2018
Dr Scott Brenton, Faculty of Arts
Dr Gavin Buskes, Melbourne School of Engineering
How to apply
Applications for the 2021 Universitas 21 (U21) Fellowship are now closed.
The application documents below are for information purposes only and may change for applications in 2022.
For further information regarding the U21 Fellowship please contact:
+61 3 8344 1121