This project will identify ways that universities can improve the student experience amid an ever-changing post-pandemic context. It will do so by consolidating three complementary perspectives: empirical studies, expert insight, and student voice. By exploring students’ own ideas for how their experiences can be improved, the research design itself will celebrate diverse perspectives and increase students’ ownership over the learning environment.
The aim of this project is to incorporate university students’ diverse perspectives into efforts to improve the future of the student experience. This project will position students as consultants and seek (a) their feedback on key ideas from scholarly literature and expert insight and (b) their own ideas for improving the experiences of diverse student groups amid an uncertain context.
- Dr Samantha Marangell, The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Chi Baik, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Tracii Ryan, The University of Melbourne
- Professor Sophie Arkoudis, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Dina Uzhegova, The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Karena Waller, The University of Melbourne
Melbourne Graduate School of Education Researcher Development Scheme
Proposed outcomes include a discussion paper, policy brief, project report, and future grant applications to extend the research.
Dr Samantha Marangell, Melbourne CSHE, The University of Melbourne