Graduate research areas
The Melbourne CSHE provides a fertile intellectual and collegial environment for graduate research. As a leading research centre actively involved in all areas of higher education research and practice, we attract PhD, DEd and Masters students researching contemporary issues in higher education and tertiary education more broadly.
Broad research areas include:
- Higher education policy
- Teaching and learning
- Curriculum development
- Assessment and evaluation
- The student experience
- Leadership, management, and institutional reform
- The academic profession and professional development
- Research policy and organisation
- Quality assurance
- Equity in higher education
- Cross-sectoral relations in tertiary education
- The contribution of universities to economy, society, and community
- International education and globalisation
- Comparative international trends
- Higher education in the Asia-Pacific region
- The use of technology in higher education
- Online learning and eLearning.
See our current list of graduate researchers.
If you are considering a graduate research degree under our supervision, please contact:
- Director – Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education
- Professor William Locke
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education can answer enrolment questions for the DEd, MEd or PhD degrees.