The Melbourne Academy is a Melbourne CSHE initiative for Early Career Academics (ECAs). It provides a dedicated program of professional development which includes knowledge and skills that are important for developing academic careers. In 2020 there will be a particular focus on teaching specialists.
The Melbourne Academy program will be offered in September 2020.
Intended learning outcomes
The Melbourne Academy program is designed to offer opportunities for ECAs to:
- build their knowledge and skills related to the primary areas of the University: research, teaching and learning, and engagement
- develop their understanding and appreciation of critical skills required in complex academic institutions
- provide opportunities to establish peer networks across the University
Participants who attend all sessions will receive a certificate of participation and become a Fellow of the Melbourne Academy.
Early career academics who fulfil the following criteria:
- are employed at the University of Melbourne
- have less than five years' full-time equivalent post PhD academic experience at university level
- are currently in a continuing or fixed term position.
Teaching specialists are encouraged to apply.
Fees and charges
There are no fees or direct charges to departments, schools or faculties.
|1||Teaching and learning|
|2||Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)|
|3||Career and professional development|
|4||Engagement, collaboration and communication|
|5||Bringing it all together|
Expressions of interest
Interested staff are asked to complete the expression of interest form below. The program coordinator will then assess applicants' eligibility for the program.