Recognising outstanding contribution towards achieving the University’s equity, diversity and social inclusion goals.
This award recognises a program or initiative that has made an outstanding contribution towards achieving the University’s equity, diversity and social inclusion goals. Applications must clearly demonstrate distinctiveness, coherence and clarity of purpose, breadth of impact and the positive contribution made by programs and initiatives these University goals. Activities to be considered may include recruitment and retention efforts, teaching, student support, research, community outreach activities, or other initiatives. These may be activities that support the access, participation and success of, for example:
- Indigenous Australians
- People with a disability
- Women in disciplines, professions or roles in which they are under-represented
- People with family or carer responsibilities
- People from culturally/linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and questioning
- Students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds; Students from low socio-economic areas
- Students from rural or remote areas.
2016 Award Winner
Dr Celia Scott, Chancellery (Academic & International), Dan Persaud (Academic Services and Registrar), Wendy Holden (Students and equity).