Museums provide learning opportunities to diverse visitor audiences of varied backgrounds, motivations, interests, and prior knowledge. Based on these factors, museum visitors regulate their learning experience, choosing what, where, and when to engage and learn. This project investigated how learning occurs within museum exhibition spaces. The study took place in The Mind exhibition at Melbourne Museum.
To better understand the nature of learning that takes place in museums, through the lens of self-regulated learning theories.
- Eduardo Oliveira, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Paula de Barba, The University of Melbourne
- Professor Gregor Kennedy, The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Kristine Elliot, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Tracii Ryan, The University of Melbourne
The results of this project were published and can be found here.
Dr Paula de Barba, Melbourne CSHE, The University of Melbourne