The Melbourne Academy is a Melbourne CSHE initiative for Early Career Academics (ECAs). It provides a dedicated program of professional development which includes knowledge and skills that are important for developing academic careers.
This semester, the program will focus on early career researchers, including research-only and teaching and research staff.
Intended learning outcomes
The Melbourne Academy program is designed to offer opportunities for ECAs to:
- build their knowledge and skills related to the primary areas of the University: research, teaching and learning, and engagement
- develop their understanding and appreciation of critical skills required in complex academic institutions
- provide opportunities to establish peer networks across the University
Participants who attend all sessions and complete the assessment will receive a certificate of participation and become a Fellow of the Melbourne Academy.
Early career academics who fulfil the following criteria:
- are employed at the University of Melbourne
- have less than five years' full-time equivalent post PhD academic experience at university level
- are currently in a continuing or fixed term position.
The Melbourne Academy program will be offered in April 2021.
The program will begin in late April and continue into late May/early June.
|1||Teaching and learning|
|2||Scholarship of teaching and learning|
|3||Career and professional development|
|4||Engagement, collaboration and communication|
|6||Bringing it all together|
Expressions of interest are now CLOSED.