The Melbourne Academy is a Melbourne CSHE initiative for Early Career Academics (ECAs). It provides a dedicated program of professional development which includes knowledge and skills that are important for developing academic careers.
Intended learning outcomes
The Melbourne Academy program is designed to offer opportunities for ECAs to:
- build their knowledge and skills related to the primary areas of the University: research, teaching and learning, and engagement
- develop their understanding and appreciation of critical skills required in complex academic institutions
- provide opportunities to establish peer networks across the University
Participants who attend all sessions will receive a certificate of participation and become a Fellow of the Melbourne Academy.
Early career academics who fulfil the following criteria:
- are employed at the University of Melbourne
- have less than five years' full-time equivalent post PhD academic experience at university level
- are currently in a continuing or fixed term position.
The Melbourne Academy program will be offered in April 2021.
Expressions of interest will open in early 2021.