The Teaching and Learning Seminar series present research-informed ideas and good-practice examples for improving student engagement and the quality of learning. The seminars for 2021 focus on approaches to dual delivery teaching at the University including strategies for enhancing communications with students, designing interactive classes, fostering collaborative learning and teamwork, and supporting experiential learning.
Webinars and Resources
- Supporting experiential learning in dual delivery teaching
Dr Sarah Austin and A/Prof Sandra McLaren share strategies and tools they have used to support experiential learning in online or dual delivery mode.
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration in dual delivery teaching
Dr Lisa Godinho and Christine Smith share strategies to build, foster and maintain effective teamwork and collaboration between students regardless of their study mode.
- Designing interactive and engaging lectures in dual delivery teaching
In this webinar, Dr Charles Sevigny shares practices and strategies he has used to maintain effective communications with students through online teaching.
- Maintaining communications with students in dual delivery teaching
In this webinar, presenters share practices and strategies, and their reflections on them, that they have used to maintain effective communications with students regardless of their study mode.
- Dual delivery teaching in practice
In this webinar, presenters share practices and strategies, and their reflections on them, that they have used to support online and dual delivery teaching.
- Approaches to dual delivery teaching to support student engagement
In this webinar, presenters provide a brief overview of the main approaches to dual delivery teaching at the University and outline some research-informed educational principles to guide the design of activities to engage students in these approaches.
- Designing online exams for large cohorts
In this webinar, presenters discuss how to structure exams and choose question formats to meet student learning objectives, selection of a suitable platform, and academic integrity considerations.
- Designing and assessing group projects online
In this webinar, two academic staff from two faculties will discuss how they have designed and assessed group projects for online delivery and what they have learned from this.
- Beyond quizzes: Facilitating engagement through assessment and feedback
This webinar addresses key aspects of assessment and feedback and how they may be aligned with each other and the curriculum to increase achievement and engagement.
- How do students approach their learning online? And what are the implications for teaching?
This webinar explores what effect the increased use of Multiple Choice Questions and online discussions have on the quality of student learning approaches and outcomes.
- Enhancing teacher presence and maintaining connections with students online (for time-poor academics)
This webinar explores strategies for enhancing teacher presence and maintaining connections with students in the current online learning environment that are both effective and achievable for time-poor academics.
- Effective online feedback
In this webinar, two academic staff from two faculties will discuss strategies they have successfully used to provide feedback in an online environment.
- Designing authentic online collaborations
This webinar explores practical frameworks and guidelines for designing authentic online collaboration.
- Engaging students through online teaching
In this webinar, two academic staff from two faculties will discuss strategies they have successfully used to engage their students through online learning.
Associate Professor Karena Waller, Program Coordinator
Myron Yovannidis, Program Officer