The 2019 conference aims to encompass all aspects of innovation in tertiary education and capture the collaborative efforts we hope to nurture between industry, government and education providers to create the best outcomes for the tertiary education sector. This year’s conference will examine examples of innovation throughout the tertiary education sector as well as learnings which could be applied from other sectors.
With a highly interactive format, keynote speakers from within and outside the sector will provide insights into innovative activities which can be taken up more broadly.
By the Sector, for the sector
Members for 2019
With the support and backing of the Chair of the Deputy Vice-Chancellors Corporate, the steering committee members are:
- Mr Luke Williams, Associate Director, Digital Experience, Australian Catholic University
- Ms Natalie MacDonald, Vice-President (Development), La Trobe University
- Ms Janet Beard, Senior Honorary Fellow, LH Martin Institute, University of Melbourne
- Prof Leo Goedegebuure, Director, LH Martin Institute
- Mrs Suzanne Crew, Chief Executive Officer, University of New England Partnership (Chair)
- Dr Stephen Weller, Chief Operating Officer, Australian Catholic University and Past President, Association for Tertiary Education Management.
- Ms Lakshmi West, Director, Service Improvement Group, Australian National University. Read Lakshmi's blog article on digital disruption.
- Mr Steve Paris, Executive Director, Students, RMIT Vietnam
2015 & 2016:
- Mark Williams, Strategic Projects Director, University of South Australia (Formerly)
- Karen Hill, Director, Information Technology Services, The Australian National University (Formerly)
- Ian Callahan, Chief Operating Officer, Curtin University
Myki is your pass to Melbourne's public transport network.
Head over to PTV to plan your journey: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey
From the Airport
Head to the taxi ranks located outside the terminals and provide the venue address as above.
SkyBus travels directly from Tullamarine Airport to Melbourne CBD every 10 minutes. The journey take about 25 minutes depending on traffic and you will arrive at Southern Cross Station. Trains, trams and buses to your accommodation, or a direct transfer through SkyBus can be accessed here.
Things to do in Melbourne
In the CBD
Melbourne Museum or Immigration Museum https://museumsvictoria.com.au
National Gallery of Victoria and Federation Square https://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/
For other ideas visit: https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/things-to-do
Penguin Parade - Phillip Island https://www.penguins.org.au/attractions/penguin-parade/
Great Ocean Road - Full Day or Half Day Tours available https://www.visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/
Wilsons Promontory - Gippsland https://www.visitvictoria.com/regions/gippsland/
Enquiries and more information
For all conference related queries, please contact:
Myron Yovannidis | Program Officer
LH Martin Institute | Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education
T: +61 3 8344 2116 E: email@example.com