The 2019 conference aims to encompass all aspects of innovation in tertiary education and capture the collaborative efforts we hope to nurture between industry, government and education providers to create the best outcomes for the tertiary education sector. This year’s conference will examine examples of innovation throughout the tertiary education sector as well as learnings which could be applied from other sectors.
With a highly interactive format, keynote speakers from within and outside the sector will provide insights into innovative activities which can be taken up more broadly.
By the Sector, for the sector
Members for 2019
With the support and backing of the Chair of the Deputy Vice-Chancellors Corporate, the steering committee members are:
- Mr Luke Williams, Associate Director, Digital Experience, Australian Catholic University
- Ms Natalie MacDonald, Vice-President (Development), La Trobe University
- Ms Janet Beard, Senior Honorary Fellow, LH Martin Institute, University of Melbourne
- Prof Leo Goedegebuure, Director, LH Martin Institute
- Mrs Suzanne Crew, Chief Executive Officer, University of New England Partnership (Chair)
- Dr Stephen Weller, Chief Operating Officer, Australian Catholic University and Past President, Association for Tertiary Education Management.
- Ms Lakshmi West, Director, Service Improvement Group, Australian National University. Read Lakshmi's blog article on digital disruption.
- Mr Steve Paris, Executive Director, Students, RMIT Vietnam
2015 & 2016:
- Mark Williams, Strategic Projects Director, University of South Australia (Formerly)
- Karen Hill, Director, Information Technology Services, The Australian National University (Formerly)
- Ian Callahan, Chief Operating Officer, Curtin University
For your convenience, we have listed suitable accommodation providers close to the venue below.
Cnr. Grattan & Drummond Sts.
Carlton Vic 3053
Ph. (03) 9347 7922
Room Type: Standard King or Queen room $155AUD/night (inculdes breakfast and WiFi)
Myki is your pass to Melbourne's public transport network.
Head over to PTV to plan your journey: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey
From the Airport
Head to the taxi ranks located outside the terminals and provide the venue address as above.
SkyBus travels directly from Tullamarine Airport to Melbourne CBD every 10 minutes. The journey take about 25 minutes depending on traffic and you will arrive at Southern Cross Station. Trains, trams and buses to your accommodation, or a direct transfer through SkyBus can be accessed here.
Things to do in Melbourne
In the CBD
Melbourne Museum or Immigration Museum https://museumsvictoria.com.au
National Gallery of Victoria and Federation Square https://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/
For other ideas visit: https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/things-to-do
Penguin Parade - Phillip Island https://www.penguins.org.au/attractions/penguin-parade/
Great Ocean Road - Full Day or Half Day Tours available https://www.visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/
Wilsons Promontory - Gippsland https://www.visitvictoria.com/regions/gippsland/
Enquiries and more information
For all conference related queries, please contact:
Ms Melissa Hendicott | Program Officer
LH Martin Institute | Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education | Melbourne Graduate School of Education
T: +61 3 9035 6429 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2019 Conference will bring the tertiary education sector together to learn from each other by sharing ideas, successes, and lessons learned; to hear from leading professionals in other sectors facing similar issues; to enable collaborative opportunities across the sector, and to build our own skills and competencies to enable us to contribute successfully to the change agenda of our employers.
What sets this conference apart is the collegial spirit in which presenters and participants interact. It is about joint capacity building and providing a catalyst for new ideas and establishing new and consolidating existing innovative networks. It also provides participants with an opportunity to develop new or refine existing knowledge and skills to take back into their workplace.
Testimonials from 2018 Participants:
"Seriously one of the most high powered, relevant, up to date conferences I have ever been to. Also meeting high caliber peers, colleagues. My expectations across all my roles, professional, researcher, leader were all met and exceeded. I have walked away with useful strategic and operational models that will enrich my organisation and work in general." - Ben Oxford, Director Customer Experience, Customer Experience, Office of the Vice President (Administration), La Trobe University
"I loved the practical workshops and real solutions"
"To be provided with the tools and templates to re-produce was excellent. It was fun, interesting and am very grateful for sharing their knowledge."
Testimonials from 2017 participants:
"One of the best conference experiences I have had"
"[The panel] was one of the highlights of the conference. All the panellists were interesting and engaged and the topis was applicable across diverse businesses"
"Loved the takeaway tools provided [by the in-depth workshop]"
"I liked the jogger headings in the conference navigator guide relating to presenations e.g. thoughts and ideas, quotes to remember, questions to ask, actions, things to research"
Who should attend
Senior executives and managers or directors of business units, particularly those with responsibilities for business and process improvement, change management, administration, planning and service delivery. Below are examples of their position titles.
- Deputy or Pro Vice-Chancellor
- Registrar or Deputy
- Vice-Principal or Deputy
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Finance Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Project Director or Manager
- Director or Manager of Business Improvement
- Director or Manager of Change or Transformation
- Director or Manager of Administration
- Director or Manager of Planning
- Director or Manager of Services (e.g. Student Services, Research, HR, Finance and IT)
Benefits of Attending
- Gain valuable insights from leaders and peers in the sector who have successfully carried out transformational change, big and small.
- Opportunities to discuss key issues affecting your institution and the sector as a whole.
- Bring back ideas on how to establish a service improvement initiative in your institution or extract more value from a current one.
- Learn how to think outside the square, create focus on people and culture and translate these into results for your institution.
- Enhance your institution’s chances of future success through an increase in service quality.
- Opportunities to network with peers and participate in interactive group sessions that will capture new thinking and better practices.
- Collaborate and share your stories of success (or failure), ideas for change and expertise with your peers to create something new
- Contribute to a post-conference publication on key issues and findings from the conference proceedings
- Develop a return to work action plan to implement your great ideas
Become a sponsor
Want to reach new clients, promote your brand or launch a new product? Speak to us about sponsorship opportunities.More info
Set your challenges
We encourage participants to be the drivers of their own learning. Set your challenges to get the most out of attending this years' conference.More info
Are you a PhD student at the University of Melbourne interested in tertiary education or event management? Volunteer to get behind the scenes and enjoy a free registration to the conference.Sign me up!
Call for abstracts
Do you have a story about innovation worth sharing? True collaboration can only be achieved by sharing our stories of success, or failure, with our peers.Submit
Ticket Types and Fees
Early Bird: $1485 (incl GST). *Limited tickets available*
Full conference: $1815 (incl GST). Includes full conference attendance and dinner.
Conference Only: $1650 (incl GST). Does not include dinner.
Fee includes meals during the conference sessions. It does not include travel and accommodation. Please see the General Information Section on the home page for more details on travel and accommodation.
Group discount of 10% applies for five or more people when you register together.
Register and pay
Registrations are now open.
For Registration queries please contact:
Ms Melissa Hendicott | Program OfficerT: +61 3 9035 6429 E: email@example.com