Conflict in engagement and partnerships (online)
Applying Collaborative Partnerships Series
Watch the catch-up webinar below:
This Zoom workshop is part of the Applying Collaborative Partnerships Series.
Conflict is often inevitable when engaged in any partnerships and collaborative projects. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, new forms of conflict may emerge due to uncertainty, poor communication and changes. How you react and respond to conflict can make or break an effective relationship. In this webinar, participants will look at various ways to overcome and push through conflict and disagreements and ultimately strengthen their relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
By the end of the workshop, staff will:
- Understand the nature of conflict in collaborative partnerships.
- Become aware of their default approaches to conflict.
- Understand different conflict resolution frameworks.
- Apply basic mediation techniques to foster commonalities and agreements.
- Explore effective ways to maintain short- and long-term collaborative partnerships.
- Listen and share lessons learned from our community of practices.
- Contribute to our collective efforts in improving our engagement, collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders.
Presented by Dr Siew Fang Law, Senior Lecturer in Engagement, Collaboration and Partnerships with the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education.