Award for Excellence and Innovation in Indigenous Higher Education
This award recognises excellence and innovation in the development of curriculum and higher education programs where the subject matter relates to Indigenous Australians. For the purposes of this award, Indigenous higher education is a broad concept that embraces curricula and programs for Indigenous students; and curricula and programs for non-Indigenous students, where the subject matter relates to Indigenous Australians.
The activities described may include those within a particular faculty or course; and/or across the University; and/or reaching beyond the University in terms of community engagement. Examples could therefore include teaching Indigenous students; teaching Indigenous Studies; embedding projects about Indigenous development into other curricula; or preparing students to work with Indigenous communities.
The award is open to both Indigenous and non-Indigenous staff.
Application Selection Criteria (Applicants must address all criteria):
- Approaches to learning and teaching that influence, motivate and inspire students to learn
- Development of curricula and resources that reflect a command of the field
- Approaches to assessment and feedback that foster independent learning
- Respect and support for the development of students as individuals
- Scholarly activities that have influenced and enhanced learning and teaching
All selection criteria will be given equal consideration by the Selection Committee. Applicants should provide sufficient details and evidence to enable the Committee to make judgments according to the selection criteria.
* Please refer to the 2021 Excellence Awards Guidelines for full application criteria