This award was introduced in 2006. The University confers one Award for Outstanding Graduate Researcher Supervision (formerly Award for Outstanding Research Higher Degree Supervision) annually. Applicants for the Award for Outstanding Graduate Researcher Supervision should have a significant record of graduate researcher supervision at the University, relative to opportunity and disciplinary norms. Applicants must be registered supervisors whose training is up-to-date to be eligible for consideration of the Award.
Application Selection Criteria (Applicants should address one or a maximum of two, criteria from the following list):
- Approaches to supervision that influence, motivate and inspire candidates to excel
- Research outcomes for candidates arising from a commanding knowledge of the field
- Approaches to feedback that foster independent learning
- Support for the development of candidates as individuals, including their career development
- A contribution to the development of excellent supervision practices within faculties or the wider University
* Please refer to the 2021 Excellence Awards Guidelines for full application criteria