This award was introduced in 2006. The University confers one Award for Outstanding Graduate Researcher Supervision (formerly Award for Outstanding Research Higher Degree Supervision) annually. Applicants for the Award for Outstanding Graduate Researcher Supervision should have supervised at least ten graduate researchers (PhD, professional doctorate and/or Masters by Research) to completion at the University. Applicants must be registered supervisors whose training is up-to-date to be eligible for consideration of the Award.
Application Selection Criteria (Applicants must address one or a maximum of two, criteria from the following list):
- Approaches to supervision that influence, motivate and inspire students to excel
- Research outcomes for students arising from a commanding knowledge of the field
- Approaches to feedback that foster independent learning
- Support for the development of students as individuals, including their career development
- A contribution to the development of excellent supervision practices within faculties or the wider University
* Please refer to the 2020 Excellence Awards Guidelines for full application criteria