Awards for Teaching Excellence recognise Australia’s most outstanding university teachers or teaching teams who have demonstrated excellence, leadership and sustained commitment to teaching and learning in higher education. Teaching Awards reward the enrichment of student experiences and the improvement of learning outcomes through innovation and the delivery of quality teaching over a sustained period.
in 2020 one award will be given nationally across each of the following categories:
- Biological Sciences, Health and Related Studies (including Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Medical Sciences and Nursing, etc.)
- Early Career (for teachers with less than five years cumulative experience teaching in higher education institutions)
- Humanities and the Arts
- Law, Economics, Business and Related Studies
- Neville Bonner Award for Indigenous Education (individuals who must demonstrate their contribution to Indigenous education)
- Physical Sciences and Related Studies (including Architecture, Building and Planning, Engineering, Computing and Information Science)
- Social and Behavioural Sciences (including Psychology and Education)
The University can submit a maximum of three Teaching Awards across all categories.