Tech Transfer Basics: IP and Licencing (Semester 1)
Researcher development program
Room 227, Kwong Lee Dow Building, 234 Queensberry Street, Parkville, University of MelbourneMap
Understanding and exploiting intellectual property lies at the heart of research and academic success. Yet terms like ‘IP’, ‘licensing’, ‘patents’ and ‘trademarks’ can seem perplexing, mundane and even off-putting. This workshop demystifies these research-critical matters. In three hours the workshop covers IP basics and related matters, and uses two case studies to explore how the ideas play out. You’ll receive advice on where to receive the ongoing resources and supports that you’ll need to scale the quality and impact of your research.
Who Should Attend
- Researchers seeking to develop skills and leadership
- Professional staff with commercial responsibilities
- Business directors and managers
- Deans, and School/Department Heads
This workshop will help you:
- Develop foundation legal skills required to commercialise your research
- Understand RIC and how it can help you Understand how to conceptualise, commercialise and protect your IP
- Learn strategies for licensing, and navigate barriers and opportunities
Places are limited and registration is essential.