Applications for 2017 are now closed. Applications for 2018 will open early 2018. Please subscribe to our e-newsletter if you would like to receive updates regarding this course and other upcoming Melbourne CSHE programs.
Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) to undertake this course.
Download and complete EOI form. Prepare the following supporting documents:
- A one-paragraph Statement of Support from your Supervisor indicating why they have nominated you or why they think you are a good candidate for the course. For those close to submission, this statement must also indicate that you will be able to complete the assessment requirements of the course.
- Your thesis title and abstract.
- A 200-word statement by you as the applicant describing:
- The career path you have followed (or expect to follow) after completing your Research Higher Degree
- The leadership role(s) you are playing (or expect to play) in relation to research
- What you hope to learn from the course, including how it might enhance your leadership capacity in relation to academic and other communities, including Indigenous.
If you have NOT completed the MULT90022 Indigenous Research subject or obtained the Professional Certificate in Indigenous Research, you must also provide the following supporting documents:
- Evidence of a completed doctoral degree. If this is not apparent from your transcript - for example, if you have submitted your thesis but not yet received a result - your supervisor's statement of support should clarify this.
- Evidence of demonstrable engagement with key issues in Indigenous research. If your thesis was on an Indigenous topic, a key chapter from your thesis will be sufficient evidence. If your thesis was not on an Indigenous topic, other sources of evidence will be required, such as a paper you have published on an Indigenous topic or a report on a community-based research project you were involved in. Please discuss this with the Course Coordinator before applying.
Submit your EOI to the Course Coordinator.
Email your completed EOI form and all supporting documents to Dr Emmaline Bexley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your EOI is assessed, you may be contacted for further information or be asked to complete a formal application online.
Complete formal course application online.
Complete a formal course application via the University of Melbourne's central application system.
Enrol in the course.
Follow the instructions in your Letter of Offer from the MGSE student centre to enrol in the course.
The Course Coordinator and contact person for enquiries about this course is:
Dr Emmaline Bexley
T: +61 3 8344 8436